Our team has extensive research experience, and is ready to assist you with any topic about the atmosphere, ocean, or the interaction between them. From remote sensing to ocean modeling, and dataset creation to geophysical fluid dynamics, we have the expertise you need in Earth science. Our oceanographer (Alec Bogdanoff, Ph.D., MIT/Woods Hole Oceanographic) and meteorologist on staff is a published research scientist and maintains active connections to the academic community. Alec is a member of the American Meteorological Society and American Geophysical Union.
- Marquis, J. W., A. S. Bogdanoff, J. R. Campbell, J. C. Cummings, J. Zhang, 2017: Estimating Infrared Radiometric Satellite Sea Surface Temperature Retrieval Cold Biases in the Tropics due to Unscreened Optically Thin Cirrus Clouds. J. Atmos. Oceanic Technol., 34, 355–373, doi: 0.1175/JTECH-D-15-0226.1.
- Bogdanoff, A.S., 2016: The physics of diurnal warm layers: Turbulence, internal waves, and lateral mixing. Ph.D. dissertation, Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution. Cambridge and Woods Hole, MA. https://dspace.mit.edu/handle/1721.1/108895
- Bogdanoff, A. S., D. L. Westphal, J. R. Campbell, J. A. Cummings, E. J. Hyer, J. S. Reid, and C. A. Clayson, 2015: Sensitivity of infrared sea surface temperature retrievals to the vertical distribution of airborne dust aerosol. Remote Sens. Environ., 159, doi:10.1016/j.rse.2014.12.002.
- Clayson, C. A., and A. S. Bogdanoff, 2013: The effect of diurnal sea surface temperature warming on climatological air-sea fluxes. J. Climate, 26, doi:10.1175/JCLI-D-12-00062.1.
- Bogdanoff, A.S., 2010: Impact of airborne dust on sea surface temperature retrievals, Master of Science dissertation, Florida State University. Tallahassee, FL. http://diginole.lib.fsu.edu/etd/3629